Are There Any Side-Effects In Hydrotherapy?

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Unless I'm mistaken the lump looks smaller! I don't want to be obsessed with them but I live on my own and they are my world. It is not ideal being in a flat but I get them out every day for as long as I can and because this current flat is nearer my work I can get them to enjoy the last rays of the sun. I am still thinking of the vet next week. They have been in this family for more than seventy and I want to do my best for them.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Possibly a float or life jacket for dogs might work. They have velcro in 3 or 4 places to hold the animal in the "jacket". They even have a handle so you can hang onto the dog or pull it up or down. You might even find one at a pet store.
That's an idea. I wasn't able to soak either of them yesterday I was out most of the day.

MaNaAk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Why would you want to put a life jacket on them? They need to swim not float. They shouldn't be left alone while doing this.
If there is a lump/sore on the foot this could likely be the reason it's not walking right.
Am I missing something here?

MaNaAk

Southend
The lump isn't on her foot and she's not just left alone but she did very well. I put Daisy back out on an overcast and she is the one that's been moving about. Her weight is better and the lump on her neck is okay.

MaNaAk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The lump isn't on her foot and she's not just left alone but she did very well. I put Daisy back out on an overcast and she is the one that's been moving about. Her weight is better and the lump on her neck is okay.

MaNaAk
The lump I'm referring to is what was mention as an inflamed joint. This could still be having an affect on her walking. The hydrotherapy would help that a lot if that is still causing any discomfort.
Glad she seems to be getting better.

MaNaAk

Southend
The lump I'm referring to is what was mention as an inflamed joint. This could still be having an affect on her walking. The hydrotherapy would help that a lot if that is still causing any discomfort.
Glad she seems to be getting better.
Yes I think that was the case originally.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

I've just put Jacky and Daisy out and seen Daisy moving towards the sun using all four legs.

MaNaAk

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
That's an OLD tortoise and I don't recognize what kind? I'm curious if tortoises get goiters? These problems might be old age related.

MaNaAk

Southend
They are both Greek tortoises and the vet had found a lump on Daisy's right hind leg (joint). I have just looked outside and she is very energetic after the vet said that she hasn't been using her muscles for exercise I am relieved that I went to the vet and pleased with what seeing today. She is clearly trying to use her left leg and also the heat is helping Jacky and Daisy and long may it continue.

MaNaAk

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Daisy's partner, Jacky, is 86!

MaNaAk
They are both Greek tortoises and the vet had found a lump on Daisy's right hind leg (joint). I have just looked outside and she is very energetic after the vet said that she hasn't been using her muscles for exercise I am relieved that I went to the vet and pleased with what seeing today. She is clearly trying to use her left leg and also the heat is helping Jacky and Daisy and long may it continue.

MaNaAk
Yaaaay! And I love old tortoises.☺️

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear @zovick,

Daisy's lump/abscess on her neck is in this photo. Unfortunately I deleted it on my phone. I couldn't really get a good photo of the inflammation but the antibiotic is Enrofloxacin. She did have a CT scan which literally brought up her medical history. In her 80 years she hardly had any medical concern. She has eaten dandelions and lettuce today.

I don't know how to move this picture to my other thread.

MaNaAk