Are there toxic for Hermy (plant and flowers ID?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello

Does anyone know what kind of flowers / plants are these and if Hermy could eat them. I found them in my front yard near the sidewalk.

T

timothymac

I'm not sure what species of plants you have pictures of. They look familiar. I would take pieces of each plant to your local nursery for identification. Try to find out the Scientific name not just the commmon name.(Marigold-"Tagetes species" or Bee Balm -"Monarda didyma") Some common names are used for several plants species.Once you have the Scientific name you can do a little research on the web to see if these plants would be harmful to your critters. Bear in mind that most toxic plant lists pertain only to Humans, dog's or cats's interaction with that plant. So when in doubt keep your critter from eating any plant material until you know it safe. I have several different lists of toxic plants, if you need additional help let me know.

Good Luck....
Tim

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
timothymac said:
I'm not sure what species of plants you have pictures of. They look familiar. I would take pieces of each plant to your local nursery for identification. Try to find out the Scientific name not just the commmon name.(Marigold-"Tagetes species" or Bee Balm -"Monarda didyma") Some common names are used for several plants species.Once you have the Scientific name you can do a little research on the web to see if these plants would be harmful to your critters. Bear in mind that most toxic plant lists pertain only to Humans, dog's or cats's interaction with that plant. So when in doubt keep your critter from eating any plant material until you know it safe. I have several different lists of toxic plants, if you need additional help let me know.

Good Luck....
Tim

Thanks a lot for your answer Tim

I will bring a piece of each at the plant store near my place (good idea):D

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.