Are these facebook vendors legit?

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus EU
I have stumbled upon two sellers on facebook that offer to sell me hatchlings of Galapagos and Aldabras for less than $1000 each. Now I am new in the hobby but I believe the average prices are higher than that especially for galaps.

What's more surprising is that they have no issues shipping to my country in European Union.

Is it a scam? It feels like it, even though I am hoping that my extensive search for the past weeks paid results.

I sure google was saying please not the ''aldabras for sale'' guy again lol

Is there a way I can get some sort of insurance for my money and avoid having my credit card abused? How are you guys doing business with breeders internationally?

Thanks!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Scam, when you Google the phone number for the first one its connected to sites selling cannabis and other drugs online.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
Also just noticed that both pages were created the same day 26th of June. 100% scam.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
The last guy actually sent me pics of aldabras with my name next to them! Deep fake photoshop?

I am still not convinced he says he is based Sacramento California and is offering me 2 aldabras for €1000 including shipping to the other side of the globe and delivery takes 4 business days.

If I am being paranoid and one of you has bought from him in the past please let me know so I dont miss this suspiciously good deal.

Attachments

• IMG-20200916-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200916-WA0008.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20200916-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200916-WA0007.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20200916-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200916-WA0006.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 38

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
The last guy actually sent me pics of aldabras with my name next to them! Deep fake photoshop?

I am still not convinced he says he is based Sacramento California and is offering me 2 aldabras for €1000 including shipping to the other side of the globe and delivery takes 4 business days.

If I am being paranoid and one of you has bought from him in the past please let me know so I dont miss this suspiciously good deal.
Nobody is shipping 2 Aldabras from the United States to Europe for just over a $1000. Your dealing with a scammer.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Facebook should change its name to Falsebook. I would not trust anything from facebook or online for a purchase like that. I got my Russian and my Leopard from TFO members after a little research. For something like an Adalbra then I would want to meet them and talk to the breeder for exemple @ALDABRAMAN you can see his threads and see how he raises and keeps them. For a serious lifetime investement like that I would not take any chance even if it saved a few dollars.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU

Nevermind debunked again. I reverse searched some of his pics and they pop up all over the internet

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)

I'm pretty good with photoshop but no expert. BUt I am better than he did with those pictures adding the paper with your info on top of another image. If you've worked with doing things like that, you can tell they are from 2 different photos with different lighting. Those pictures are proof of the scam.

Agathaade

Los Angeles

Yep, agree with everyone, this is fake.
Peep the edges of the paper :

62B64917-0CB9-46D3-9158-6551D75229A3.jpeg

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
What's more annoying is that I reported all these pages days ago but facebook and Instagram completely ignored me...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
There are also perfectly legitimate people on FACEBOOK that have had their identities stolen for fraudulent use.
It's best to contact the seller in person and if that isn't possible, just pass.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Facebook should change its name to Falsebook. I would not trust anything from facebook or online for a purchase like that. I got my Russian and my Leopard from TFO members after a little research. For something like an Adalbra then I would want to meet them and talk to the breeder for exemple @ALDABRAMAN you can see his threads and see how he raises and keeps them. For a serious lifetime investement like that I would not take any chance even if it saved a few dollars.

~ It is pathetic how many nefarious people are trying to sell things these days and totally scams, it is not limited to tortoises.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK

This has SCAM written all over it. Save loosing your money and the pain that goes with it. Buy locally, talk to them and visit if possible.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
More scammers to report, maybe I 'll save someone's money:

From Thailand

From Cameroon (when you see Cameroon there's a 99% chance it's a scam)

They offer ridiculously good prices and shipping worldwide but their pictures are all over the internet and when I asked for dated pictures I got blocked.