Are these okay for leopards?

kristel

I found these flowers in my backyard and I was wondering if these weeds/flowers are safe for tortoises. I'm not sure what kind they are. Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg

kristel

Thanks for the help. Just a few more I found. I believe these are succulents but not quite sure if they are okay for torts. I know one of them is echeveria which I know is okay, but I could be wrong. image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

Iochroma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
Thanks for the help. Just a few more I found. I believe these are succulents but not quite sure if they are okay for torts. I know one of them is echeveria which I know is okay, but I could be wrong. View attachment 131806 View attachment 131807 View attachment 131808

The yellow plant in the first pic is a form of Sedum rupestre, probably 'Angelina'. Not sure on edibility, but not noted for toxicity.
Second is Sempervivum; OK
Third pland is another Sedum, probably a spurium or kamtschaticum cultivar. Again, not notably toxic, but no knowledge of edibility.

kristel

Found some more wild plants/flowers in the ravine by my house. I was wondering if you guys could identify them and if they are good for tortoisesimage.jpgVery large leaves that I find everywhere, each leaf is about the size of a person's head

image2.JPG Wild white flowers?

image3.JPG
These have little thorns on them, but I don't think they are thistles.

image4.JPG
Wild yellow flowers growing in bushes.

image5.JPG
Another type of wild yellow flowers.

image6.JPG
White wild flowers

image7.JPG
Low ground purple flowers with small leaves that are all around the the bush floor.image8.JPG
Last image, tall white flowers. Very fragrant and also come in shades of lavender/purple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would know to grab these or not for my Leopard. :)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Skunk cabbage no
Garlic mustard yes
Next 3 I don't know
Garlic mustard yes
Creeping Charlie no but my hermann's sometimes disagrees
Sweet rocket, aka Dame's rocket yes

kristel

Skunk cabbage no
Garlic mustard yes
Next 3 I don't know
Garlic mustard yes
Creeping Charlie no but my hermann's sometimes disagrees
Sweet rocket, aka Dame's rocket yes

Thanks! I only picked the Dame's rocket out of those cuz they smelled so sweet so even if he couldn't eat it I would've kept it for myself. I gave it this morning along with other weeds and it was the first thing he munched on!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
Found some more wild plants/flowers in the ravine by my house. I was wondering if you guys could identify them and if they are good for tortoisesView attachment 132706Very large leaves that I find everywhere, each leaf is about the size of a person's head

View attachment 132714 Wild white flowers?

View attachment 132715
These have little thorns on them, but I don't think they are thistles.

View attachment 132716
Wild yellow flowers growing in bushes.

View attachment 132717
Another type of wild yellow flowers.

View attachment 132718
White wild flowers

View attachment 132720
Low ground purple flowers with small leaves that are all around the the bush floor.View attachment 132721
Last image, tall white flowers. Very fragrant and also come in shades of lavender/purple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would know to grab these or not for my Leopard. :)

Number 4 is Ranunculus acris aka. Buttercup. Pretty much anything in that family is a no-no.