Are tiger prawns okay to feed?

kyle123

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi, I have fed my musk turtles normal small frozen prawns before but wondered if they would be okay to eat some fresh tiger prawns I have. I can cook them up if this is better?

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
The turtle high life right here.

kyle123

5 Year Member
England
Naaa was my parent who brought them and was just going to feed them the discarded heads, they went in the bin anyway just thought it may be a good way to save waste

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Naaa was my parent who brought them and was just going to feed them the discarded heads, they went in the bin anyway just thought it may be a good way to save waste
My turtles get leftovers and discarded bits all the time. Cut the top off of a strawberry, have too many blueberries, made too much chicken or turkey? They get little things that are ok for them to eat in between main feeding times. I would think the tiger prawn heads would be a relished treat. Try it next time.

kyle123

5 Year Member
England
My turtles get leftovers and discarded bits all the time. Cut the top off of a strawberry, have too many blueberries, made too much chicken or turkey? They get little things that are ok for them to eat in between main feeding times. I would think the tiger prawn heads would be a relished treat. Try it next time.
That’s great thanks