Are Veggie Rounds a good source for my young 3-striped mud turtle?

susieq450

Location (City and/or State)
Kodak
I think I heard somewhere that veggie rounds were a good source of food for turtles. I have told you here all the troubles I had with these little turtles and in the process of trying to be a good turtle mom, I lost a couple of the babies. This little guy that I now named Finn (short for finicky) seems to be doing well. He does love to eat but he will NOT eat pellets. I buy freeze and chop up fresh scallops, shrimp, and salmon meat, which he loves. He will not eat anything that may resemble a vegetable or pellets, although I still offer them to him. Any other suggestions for this little guy to eat? I feed him in a separate feeding bowl, twice a day. He is an estimated 3 months old at this point. As you can see in the pictures, he loves to show off his physique!!

Attachments

• 20200909_065813.jpg
    20200909_065813.jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200909_065804.jpg
    20200909_065804.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 16

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Have you tried the Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets? The small bags you find in pet supply stores are very pricey, but that's the only pellet that worked for @Moozillion to get Jacques to eat, and it's the only one for me that Pinstripe will eat. If Finn will eat it, the bulk size (doesn't take up a lot of freezer space) is far more cost effective and will last a single mud turtle a long time.

susieq450

Kodak
I notice they have these on Amazon - is it the same and would that be a good option? Are they safe to put in the tank without it getting messy?