Are warm drafts as bad as cold drafts?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
Depends in the temperature, it’s better for it to be cooler than a tortoise being in a higher temperature than it should be.
Causing overheating

Prenchpries

Metro Manila, Philippines
Depends in the temperature, it’s better for it to be cooler than a tortoise being in a higher temperature than it should be.
Causing overheating

Hello, and thanks! Asking because I wanted to bask my baby under the sun to see if it’ll perk him up a bit, but there was a bit of wind. Temps were at 33C even with the wind but I’m not sure if warm wind is bad for him too so I just put him back inside. In any case he was still in his enclosure which I’m sure blocked out most of the wind.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Hello, and thanks! Asking because I wanted to bask my baby under the sun to see if it’ll perk him up a bit, but there was a bit of wind. Temps were at 33C even with the wind but I’m not sure if warm wind is bad for him too so I just put him back inside. In any case he was still in his enclosure which I’m sure blocked out most of the wind.
Wind is generally not tolerated by any animal. They tend to want to find shelter from it... be it a 1oz mouse or a giant elephant. Mostly coz it’s full of eye irritants, gets dust everywhere, and just is no fun to be in unless the plan is trying to go to Oz. A light warm or cool breeze is fine, but any strong winds are best avoided. You did the right thing.

Prenchpries

Metro Manila, Philippines
Wind is generally not tolerated by any animal. They tend to want to find shelter from it... be it a 1oz mouse or a giant elephant. Mostly coz it’s full of eye irritants, gets dust everywhere, and just is no fun to be in unless the plan is trying to go to Oz. A light warm or cool breeze is fine, but any strong winds are best avoided. You did the right thing.

Thank you so much. Our little baby isn’t feeling well.