Are wild Malaysian Box Turtles adapted to the temperature or rain?

SulcataTort102

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
So,yeah.I had a wild Malaysian Box Turtle in a tank for a few months now,and I was thinking about moving it outdoors.Well the title explains everything.Would a wild box turtle be adapted to the temperatures of rain where it came from.
And before you bash me for keeping a wild box turtle,let me explain.(very short story)
-My maid/servant,whatever(I'm just a teen by the way)had a friend who found the box turtle and asked me if I wanted to keep it.I asked if it was from the wild.She replied it was from a previous owner,so I kept it and posted the 'How to take care of a Malaysian Box Turtle' here a while ago.
The next day,I inspected the turtle only to find scratches all over the shell,some damaged parts on its bottom yellow part of the shell.And.....it's pregnant.No ****,it's wild!I wanted to release it,but my dad's like "No,no.I want the turtle.I will take care of it." And by taking care of it,he meant placing it in the same tank with the Red Ear Sliders.That day,I had the largest Face-palm of my entire life.I mean,if I had the chance to release it back into the wild,I would.
Anyways,since it's wild,it is better to make its home in the garden,being natural and all,no?
Yeah,I'll build walls to keep away mice and an artificial small cave for it to just be inside or something.
The rain isn't freezing,but you get the idea.I know they love the warm warm waters,but it had experienced rain all its life,so it's ok?No?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ ,USA . I'm sorry of all the torts I have and turtles and box turtles I have , I don't know about that one . I don't think you'll get a answer tonight but in the morning some one that knows will answer .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
They are found locally why so you think they cant stand the rain ?

Mine are housed outdoor 24/7/365 days a year !!

Just give it some shade to hide in case the sun is too strong and some water to swim in and they make great pet !!

They can be fed both in water and on land !! They love bananas .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think it would be ok to put it outside in your country, however, it needs a nice body of water. They spend a lot of time in the water.