Arizona Sulcata Owners

Tfdaisy

I am a newer sulcata owner and living in Arizona. I wanted to trade suggestions on indoor and outdoor enclosures. My Sparky is only 8 months old so will be making an outside enclosure from a kiddie pool for this summer as well as his normal inside enclosure. Curious about heating indoors right now as well as outdoor set ups.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Welcome to TFO :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Cool, me too :) so what indoor set up do you have for your tort right now?

Tfdaisy

AZtortMom said:
Cool, me too :) so what indoor set up do you have for your tort right now?

I am just setting up a new one. My breeder told me sand was good. So now I am basically starting over. I picked up all the materials in the past few days just need to put it together. Do you have a picture of yours?

two4sixeights

NJ
Hi Tfdaisy,
I'm a new sulcata owner and new to the forum as well. I've been reading a lot, taking any advice and suggestions I can get and learning a lot as I go. One sound thing I've been told time and time again is that sand is not so good. It sticks to their food and if eaten can cause impactions and they could get really sick. What works great for many sulcata owners and myself is coco coir also known as coconut fiber. You can get it at most pet stores and it also doesn't mold. I think you should look into it. Good luck and if you could, could you post some pics of your little guy?