Arizona Tortoise Compound Reviews

Justin C.

Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit, MI
I'm really looking at purchasing a leopard tortoise from Arizona Tortoise Compound and I need your feedback on them. I do not like purchasing anything online and even more sight unseen. However, I am located in Michigan and am unable to go there in person.
1. How are they to deal with (before and after sale)?
2. How are the tortoise overall health?
3. When you pick a tortoise from a picture, do you get that one or one they picked?

Pricing seems fair to me $120 plus shipping (around $50).

Or is there a better option close to me (Detroit metro area)?

Very excited on getting a leopard and I just need to pace myself!

Many Thanks,

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Andrew is a great guy. I know him personally and professionally. His service is great, animals are high quality. As for getting the exact animal pictured. That I do not know. I am sure he could arrange that. But best to ask him when communicating and going over the purchase with him. Good luck on your new tortoise purchase.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
This guy was great I'm pretty sure I woke him up and he was eager to help. I placed an order with him and he even sent me extra goodies

Luke&Lou

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I have ordered from him it was very easy and it was my first time ordering tortoises he answered all of my annoying questions even though I also probably woke him up lol. :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Justin if I'm not wrong the ATC puts video on here about a month a go of the compound . Ask him to re send it to you on the TFO . I live in AZ and I we impressed with his video . But what I do is ask questions like sand, rabbit pellets , and feeding protein . And listen real careful to their answers . Good luck with your new Leo torts .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Andrew is a great guy to work with. I bought a radiated tortoise from him and it just very nice experience.

Jo Ann Webster

They are very nice .. answer questions and polite nice guys ; thank you for my info I asked about . Jo Ann

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ask them how they start and raise their babies. Ask how long the babies are in the incubator and if they use a brooder box. Ask them how much time the babies spend outside in their hot dry climate, and how often they soak them. Then decide if that is the right place for you to buy from.

SamTurtle

Virginia
I should have read this thread before getting our baby at ATC. He has never eaten well or been active and is now dying. It sounds like hatchling failure syndrome and is maybe caused by insufficient humidity/soaking as new babies. I'm sure I wasn't perfect and will have much higher humidity if we get another, but it was generally 50-70% and we misted several times daily and our guy was soaked religiously 2x daily and has had a warm humid hide. I emailed questions after our little guy arrived and he did not respond. Our kids are devastated (and me too).