Arizona Tortoise Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Very cool! My bf is going to school to be an engineer as well, although he is probably going into electrical.

dcwolfe

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
immayo said:
Very cool! My bf is going to school to be an engineer as well, although he is probably going into electrical.

Very cool I took circuits there and it was wicked hard lol.

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
Was just looking at pictures of TRex. What a cutie! Very cool, where did you get him?

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Thank you! I got him from Tyler at tortoisesupply.com but I picked my little guy up from him when I was in Cali on vacation.There just happened to be a reptile expo the day I was leaving!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Are we all here in beautiful AZ. Ready for it to warm up yet so we can let the little ones out all day? There been a few days ive been able to let them out.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I live in Wittmann too. I have some half pipe that is great for burrows and lots of cactus for eating. Let me know if you want any. I love Jeeping and Mnt biking all around Vulture peak.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
motero said:
I live in Wittmann too. I have some half pipe that is great for burrows and lots of cactus for eating. Let me know if you want any. I love Jeeping and Mnt biking all around Vulture peak.

What is a half pipe? Like a half concrete sewer pipe? I've wondered where I might get something like that and wondering how to cut a sewer pipe in half. How did you do it?

BTW, it is a beautiful 79 right now at my house and my torts are loving it!!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I'm in Gilbert. I love that Arizona is one of the "tortoise capitals" of the world. We have such a great climate here for so many species.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Half pipe is a pipe that is cut in half, I have 14inch water pipe. It is thick pvc and cuts easily with a sawzall and a wood blade. Then you dig a nice trench that slopes down and drop it in. Get the torts about two feet under ground and the native guys will hibernate very comfortably. I got it off craigslist.....where else?

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
JeffG said:
I'm in Gilbert. I love that Arizona is one of the "tortoise capitals" of the world. We have such a great climate here for so many species.

Hello neighbor! :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
mainey34 said:
Are we all here in beautiful AZ. Ready for it to warm up yet so we can let the little ones out all day? There been a few days ive been able to let them out.
Well, I tried to start a conversation...:(

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
immayo said:
How about that snow??

Yeah how 'bout that. My hubby is out taking photos of the snow on the mountains right now!! Last weekend we went to the Kartchner Caverns and it was snowing all day down there.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Well, he is not far at all...im at 67th ave and Happy Valley..little farther Out...

Hey I am working off pleasant parkway and buckhorn in Peoria though I love in yuma az

Also I spend my weekends at my sisters in Mesa.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I'm seeing this a little late but I'm Austin and I'm from Mesa, AZ. I breed Sulcatas, Leopards, and Greeks and am working on owning a little bit of everything. As far as torts go at least... :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Thalatte said:
mainey34 said:
Well, he is not far at all...im at 67th ave and Happy Valley..little farther Out...

Hey I am working off pleasant parkway and buckhorn in Peoria though I love in yuma az

Also I spend my weekends at my sisters in Mesa.

Its nice out this way, huh? Not as bad as phoenix yet...

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah it's pretty nice but its so far out in the middle of nowhere. I thought while working up here that I would be closer to my sister but its still an hour drive to her house.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Wow lots of people from the Phoenix area...I'm in Tucson:) Welcome to the 90s today:)

ArizonaKid39

5 Year Member
CJ woke up today from hibernation. She is just poking here head out of her den. Good Morning CJ!!! I've missed you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.