Article on Fiber versus starch heavy diet

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
I know this is from a year ago, but this is a very interesting paper for several different reasons. I'm wondering if @Kapidolo Farms has read this.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
let me save your time
on page 4 under 2.3.3 .
quote " Humidity was kept between 50 and 80%,"

i dont have to read the rest of the paper and i already know all of them got pyramiding regardless of diet
what a waste of time and funding

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
let me save your time
on page 4 under 2.3.3 .
quote " Humidity was kept between 50 and 80%,"

i dont have to read the rest of the paper and i already know all of them got pyramiding regardless of diet
what a waste of time and funding
So unfortunately, that would be ignorant, no offense implied, because it's packed full of interesting information about tortoise nutrition- Pyramiding is one aspect that they looked at as a result of high fiber diets or high starch diets, but there were many other things they also examined, and I myself need someone with more knowledge and experience to really understand some of their findings. And honestly, I think you'll find that at those relative humidifies during the day, you can grow a perfectly smooth shelled tortoise as long as there is a significant night time drop. With closed chambers, we know now how we can grow a smooth tortoise - but what is the low end that we can work with, regarding relative humidity, and still get nice smooth shells.