ASL 121 or ASL122?

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gran Pulse
Hey there,
I am learning ASL to become a deaf interrupter for a Psychiatric Hospital. I took ASL 121 and missed a quiz and 2 classes due to breaking my hand and somehow gaining pneumonia over the semester.

This being said I scored an 87.9 percent for the final exam. But, a 74.2 for my final grade, if I wouldn't of missed the quiz I would of scored a B as a final grade.

So should I retake ASL 121 or move onto the next class (ASL 122). I can score a C in the first ASL class due to the program I am entering however I can NOT finish any ASL class after ASL 121 with a C. B or better from here on out. Another thing to add. I feel semi comfortable with what I know so far. It would obviously feel better knowing ASL with an A.

Would you start over or go on?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
If you retake it would it replace the c? I know our college won't anymore. I would of got a c in chem asked for a d so I can retake

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Millerlite said:
If you retake it would it replace the c? I know our college won't anymore. I would of got a c in chem asked for a d so I can retake
Here it's last grade stands. So, yes my new grade would take the place of my old one.

Yvonne G said:
I would go on.

Yvonne G I respect your opinion a lot. Why would you move on?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because of my personality, it would be hard for me to go back over subject matter that I had already gone through. That's strictly me. You asked would I start over or go on. Personally, I would go on. If I were to give advice, I'd have to know you better to know if you would be able to muddle through previously covered material. If it will change your grade, and if you think you could handle it, it might be better for you to re-take the class.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Personally I would retake it and get a better grade. But also if you think 1 c is not gunna look bad then move on. How fast do you want to be done? If there is no rush retaking it is not bad. Also retaking a class like asl is never a bad thing. It's so hard to learn everything in one semester, so retaking classes you will get a lot more out if it the 2nd time around only making you even better at asl.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you can retake and get a better gpa why wouldn't you ?

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
mike taylor said:
[/quote

Because, I am paying out of pocket for each class I take. This class (ASL 121) cost me out of pocket almost 1,000 with books and supplies needed. That's one of my major concerns and being torn between which class to take. I am not taking out student loans.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
mike taylor said:

It all depends. You can still get a high 3.8-9 gpa with a c, if you want that 4.0 then of course gotta retake it. Also depends on class levels or if it's worth your time or not to keep the c or go for a higher one. I had a c in chemistry, if I retake it I probably would get a c again. So I just said I'll take the c haha

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Yvonne G said:
Because of my personality, it would be hard for me to go back over subject matter that I had already gone through. That's strictly me. You asked would I start over or go on. Personally, I would go on. If I were to give advice, I'd have to know you better to know if you would be able to muddle through previously covered material. If it will change your grade, and if you think you could handle it, it might be better for you to re-take the class.

I am the same way, the professor even stated that I would be bored the first couple of weeks or so. Same professor, same material. However, I am a little bit of a perfectionist.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If your paying for it out of pocket then take the grade and run with it . Unless your looking for that 4.0 .

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Thanks everyone. I am thinking I am going to retake it. It's a hard decision due to the fact that all my ASL friends will be moving on in the program AND here comes $700 something for the re-take. ;) I appreciate everyone's input. I appreciate it.