At least six turtles on "turtle island" today...

vocalisa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stafford, VA
It's 50 degrees in Stafford, VA today and the wooden float I built for my backyard pond (turtle island) is hosting at least six sliders right now. I can count them when I use field glasses. Sweet!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love being able to catch them out of the water. My pond is around the side of the garage, so I can't see it at all until I'm much too close for their comfort. When I get to the corner of the garage I hear all kinds of splashing as they jump into the pond.

You have anything besides sliders in there?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I always love boating down the Muskegon River up in Michigan seeing all the turtles basking on logs. It's a cool pic every time.
Hopefully you can share pics of yours basking on the log.

vocalisa

5 Year Member
Stafford, VA
I love being able to catch them out of the water. My pond is around the side of the garage, so I can't see it at all until I'm much too close for their comfort. When I get to the corner of the garage I hear all kinds of splashing as they jump into the pond.

It's wild so it varies.

The pond is wild so it varies. We sometimes get big snapping turtles that drift in for a while. I usually only see those from atop my tractor when I go around mowing.