ATACAMA HUMANOID

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOW! The others too, Chile, Mexico and in Russia, WOW!
Never heard about this or seen anything about it before. Blowing my mind. I don't even know what I think, except why not. I believe there is lots of things lost from hundreds and million years ago. As our earth continues to shift and shake, turn and churn, I think new findings will be continuous. So why not a mini humanoid alien thingy.
Still WOW though right!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I didn't read all the wording, but I'll bet it's a little monkey.

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
Looks like a figure cast out of plastic by someone who has too much time on their hands and an ambition to make people run around in circles with tin foil hats firmly clamped onto their heads.

Didn't watch the videos or read much of the article though, so I guess it could be a monkey or something.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Humph! Snopes debunked it. May be a stillborn human baby. The DNA is modern, not ancient:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ata-boy/
9% DNA not human. Not ape either. In the vid, they said impossible to replicate and fool the experts.
I think it's real.
Btw, I always wondered who or what is this snopes. Everyone believes everything it says. I have too. But, who are they that they aren't fake? Really, they/it/them, can't possibly know everything.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@Tidgy's Dad do you think it's fake or do you know something that tells you it's fake? I notice you liking all of the comments of Yvonne's debunking the story of being true.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@Tidgy's Dad do you think it's fake or do you know something that tells you it's fake? I notice you liking all of the comments of Yvonne's debunking the story of being true.
I was just deciding how exasperated the reply should sound.
It's not my field as I am no xenobiologist , archaeologist or even human biologist, but I do know,from my DNA research studies that if it were alien there would be no DNA match, or most likely no DNA as we know it at all. Another hoax or a terrible tragic lost life that is being misused by people to further their own beliefs, superstitions and ambitions.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Don't blame me, Yvonne said you were an archaeologist not me. I was just following along:D LOL
I'm not blaming you, the reply was to Yvonne, who will take it all in good humour, I'm sure.
Traditionally, palaeontologists and archaeologists are "enemies" and disrespect each other's area of research. Not actually true (mostly), but this is the foundation on my 'indignant outrage!' ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Humph! Snopes debunked it. May be a stillborn human baby. The DNA is modern, not ancient:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ata-boy/
So the skeleton is real according to snopes findings. However their findings feel the 9% is error one way or the other and that it's actually human.
So, with no real proof on the info they are using, guesses, I guess it's all in what one wants to believe.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not blaming you, the reply was to Yvonne, who will take it all in good humour, I'm sure.
Traditionally, palaeontologists and archaeologists are "enemies" and disrespect each other's area of research. Not actually true (mostly), but this is the foundation on my 'indignant outrage!' ;)
I was kidding, hence the smiley face. Just wanted to throw Yvonne under the bus :D LOL

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
So the skeleton is real according to snopes findings. However their findings feel the 9% is error one way or the other and that it's actually human.
So, with no real proof on the info they are using, guesses, I guess it's all in what one wants to believe.
I only watched the shorter video. They think it is probably human but it has a combination of mutations that they've never seen together. Based on certain factors, they believe the being lived to be at least 6 years old but is only 6 inches tall. The size is what makes it seem impossible. It isn't a fetus because of the bone development.

BornInTheBoot

DeRidder, La
Well I have no qualification in this field, but don't bodies usually not stay completely together once that are found. You always see them dispersed in paleontology documentaries but that could also be because of natural forces like water or other creatures. It just seemed weird that the limbs were all connected.