ATC and TortoiseTown

TortTortLove

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi All,

I just wanted to share two experiences I recently had. I was looking for a well-started baby sulcata (not a hatchling) and originally purchased one from Tortoise Town. Paid the extra for a "male" although, the more I research, the more of a scam this extra cost is as there is no way to tell the gender of a baby sulcata. They said they would ship the baby in 2 to 3 days after purchase. Never received an order confirmation email or shipping email. Contacted them via email through their site, never got a response, called three times, and finally got an answer on the third call. At this point, this was a week and a half after the original purchase. They explained they had the order and would ship later that week or early the next week. They claimed they were waiting for "medical clearance from the breeder". The tortoise was shipped the next week on a Monday, arrived Tuesday. Opened the box and the poor tortoise was already dead. Had a strong fish smell and was obviously malformed, leaking from the mouth/neck, and was already stiff, barely an inch and half in size. Contacted them, they proceeded to argue with us that we ordered a hatchling (thank goodness I saved the tab receipt from the original purchase), and after that was sent, they admitted their mistake. I wanted a full refund, not a replacement. They continued to state they would send out a replacement in a few days. After looking through this forum, I reached out to Andrew with ATC and he was extremely responsive and nice. Explained what I wanted, he shipped that day, the tortoise came the next day alive, curious, and ate and pooped all within the first hour of unboxing. Love this little baby and am extremely happy with Andrew and ATC. Would recommend them to anyone! Still fighting Tortoise Town for a full refund.

WyoTorts13

Cody, Wyoming
Hi All,

I just wanted to share two experiences I recently had. I was looking for a well-started baby sulcata (not a hatchling) and originally purchased one from Tortoise Town. Paid the extra for a "male" although, the more I research, the more of a scam this extra cost is as there is no way to tell the gender of a baby sulcata. They said they would ship the baby in 2 to 3 days after purchase. Never received an order confirmation email or shipping email. Contacted them via email through their site, never got a response, called three times, and finally got an answer on the third call. At this point, this was a week and a half after the original purchase. They explained they had the order and would ship later that week or early the next week. They claimed they were waiting for "medical clearance from the breeder". The tortoise was shipped the next week on a Monday, arrived Tuesday. Opened the box and the poor tortoise was already dead. Had a strong fish smell and was obviously malformed, leaking from the mouth/neck, and was already stiff, barely an inch and half in size. Contacted them, they proceeded to argue with us that we ordered a hatchling (thank goodness I saved the tab receipt from the original purchase), and after that was sent, they admitted their mistake. I wanted a full refund, not a replacement. They continued to state they would send out a replacement in a few days. After looking through this forum, I reached out to Andrew with ATC and he was extremely responsive and nice. Explained what I wanted, he shipped that day, the tortoise came the next day alive, curious, and ate and pooped all within the first hour of unboxing. Love this little baby and am extremely happy with Andrew and ATC. Would recommend them to anyone! Still fighting Tortoise Town for a full refund.
Same problem here and they have multiple sites, CB Reptile and Reptiles.com are all one company. I never received anything at all but they charged my card twice then wanted to charge me 20 percent to cancel the order they couldn't fill.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can not post in vendor review unless you have personal experience with the vendor being reviewed.