Ate clump of dirt.

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
Oliver ate a clump of dirt while I had my back turned for a second. Anything I can do to help pass it. He seemed like he had a hard time putting it down when I caught him but managed. I know warm soaks and pumpkin help anything else to try?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If it's just dirt, it will pass. You couldn't tell if there was something in it? (They love cat poo)
I don't want to second guess you, but it is likely a mineral deficiency issue.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
I'm sure I read somewhere that cucumber and aloe plant can help them poop.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
If it's just dirt, it will pass. You couldn't tell if there was something in it? (They love cat poo)
I don't want to second guess you, but it is likely a mineral deficiency issue.
No I couldn't it was halfway down his throat when I saw so I'm guessing it was dirt since there was no cat poop around him. And I've read about the mineral deficiency. But eveytime I place supplements on his food he refuses to eat.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No I couldn't it was halfway down his throat when I saw so I'm guessing it was dirt since there was no cat poop around him. And I've read about the mineral deficiency. But eveytime I place supplements on his food he refuses to eat.
Try to find a supplement called Repashy. I've used it with GREAT success. My tortoises never refuse it...and would never eat the white stuff.
(Repashy is brown)