Audra- New and in pursuit of my first tortoise!

Audra

Hello,

My name is Audra and I am located in Connecticut. I actively train dogs and have had small and large animals throughout my life. I am actively trying to decide which type of tortoise is best for me and look forward to learning!

Audra

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Audra
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440973065.710516.jpg
Dogs and torts don't mix ! Dogs think torts are great chew toys . You have your hands full .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Read all the care sheets of the different species you are interested in and go from there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Audra, and welcome to the Forum!

Like Barb mentioned, read the care sheets. You will find them pinned at the top of each species section.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Audra, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
It's excellent you're doing your research here with the very latest in information and an array of experienced keepers.
Read http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
for some basics and then look at the species.
Anything is possible if you have the space, money and get the set up right, but Greeks (mine), Russians and Hermann's are examples of good starter torts which don't get too big and are comparatively easy to care for.

Audra

Hello, Audra, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
It's excellent you're doing your research here with the very latest in information and an array of experienced keepers.
Read http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
for some basics and then look at the species.
Anything is possible if you have the space, money and get the set up right, but Greeks (mine), Russians and Hermann's are examples of good starter torts which don't get too big and are comparatively easy to care for.

Thank you for your welcome and recommendations! I will be sure to consider those types first. Although I have kept reptiles previously, all things tortoise are new to me!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi Audra and
m1277.gif