Automatic banning of "good" members

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopigirl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA, USA
OK, can some one tell Josh to fix me! This is ALDABRAMAN using Christie's membership. I thought it would have been fixed by now.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
hopigirl said:
OK, can some one tell Josh to fix me! This is ALDABRAMAN using Christie's membership. I thought it would have been fixed by now.

He's been told. Looks like he is in here, so no doubt he should soon have you going again.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, how do you get banned? real or a mistake?i would hate to be a tortoise forum stalker. lindy

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
When I tried to post I received a warning from some spam prevention system. If you keep trying to post...which I did *cough*...it bans you!

When you're banned you're supposed to press the "Contact Us" button at the bottom...but it didn't work on my Macbook because I haven't set up the email messaging system. Soo I had to rely on people to notice that I was banned, and luckily they did :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lindy:

Its a mistake. We have a spam program attached to the forum and Josh is trying to fix the settings so that it will catch the spammers when they first sign up on the forum. While he's fooling around with it, it sometimes bans members who aren't spammers. We haven't yet figured out why, but it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.