Avoiding mosquitos

jonathanabujj

Location (City and/or State)
Sherman Oaks, CA
Hi. Any ideas where to put water for our 10 year old Sulcata? She roams freely in our yard but I'm concerned about leaving fallow water outside because it attracts mosquitos. Thank you

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi. Any ideas where to put water for our 10 year old Sulcata? She roams freely in our yard but I'm concerned about leaving fallow water outside because it attracts mosquitos. Thank you
How did you deal with the water before now? I would just drain the pool every two days.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The pool isn't the problem because it's chlorinated. It's leaving stagnant water in a pan that's a problem.
The tortoise's water should be dumped, rinsed and refilled every day. This will to only keep the water clean, it will prevent mosquitos entirely. I usually dump the water on my plants and trees.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The pool isn't the problem because it's chlorinated. It's leaving stagnant water in a pan that's a problem.
What pool is chlorinated? Not the tortoise pool? Please post some pictures of your tortoise area so we can understand. We want to help!