AZ Tortoise keeper's almost-anything-goes thread

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona, USA
i was paintballing saturday..9:00AM-4:30PM. i was soaked all the way down to my boxers. my gearbag had water all the way through it too..iphone and wallet got wet but somehow it still works (had a girl that works at the field dial my ride for me 'cause i had paint and mud all over me). it was really fun until the wind picked up and no one was hitting anybody.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Aww! She's cute!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
ImageUploadedByTortForum1395336750.300183.jpg just posting for a friend..

Last edited by a moderator:

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
I've been on a Solar nightmare from hell. More stress and sleepless nights than I can count, it's been 7 months and we're nearly through with it all. By done, I mean done, the entire system has been removed and still waiting for one more repair and legal issues to follow. I haven't checked into this forum for a long while, just due to too much stress and legal filings to go through.

I've built one new tortoise enclosure and extensively remodeled the other. Pulled out two mexican palms (using a crow bar for digging and a farm jack to pop them out of the ground the rest of the way), more rock than dirt and shovels would not work. It was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just when I said "I'll never dig in this soil again, I'd dive into another project. What was I thinking?? Good news is, there will be no more digging in my immediate future! DT's are not awake yet, but I plan to move them to their new burrows and enclosures next week. Bad news is the wild cotton tails have devoured the sprouts of seeds (DT Wildflowers, Greens, and Dandelions). The bunnies have discovered the new sod I planted, but I now have it covered with clear visiquine (like a mini green house) to help protect it from bunny damage and get it growing stronger for another week. Of course when the torts go in the visiquine will have to go and I'll try another method of bunny proofing. I so had hoped to win the bunny battle, but looks like they are winning so far. Wasscally wabbits!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Oh no :( I'm sorry Nate

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
its okay..its my own choice. im enlisting in the military and wont be around much to care for them myself, and i dont trust my family to properly do it. my ball pythons are with a breeding project partner so we can still keep up with those plans.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I was in the military and I enjoyed it, but it's hard to have pets

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hopefully you can find a good home for your shelled friend :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
That's fantastic news! :D

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If any of you come across Sulcatas looking for a home, Let me Know. I have a friend in St George UT who wants another one, He has a large yard with lots of grass and weeds, nice climate too. He has the space to house them separate so any one will do. I also have space and good luck at rehoming these fellows if any body needs help.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I will keep my ears and eyes open :)

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Ok, I just came home and found a 4 ft western diamond rattlesnake with my trio of leopards. I have a five ft high block fence and it still managed to get in. I almost loaded my pants! So, if you live in an area were rattlers are common be safe. I use a compact mirror to check burrows before I put my hand in to check on my torts.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Motreo
Keep a eye on C L they sell baby's for 2 for $70.00 large ones are more . Have a great tort day

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum