Babies on the way

Kyle Marinelli

Hey diamondbp can you please email me at [email protected]? I have a few questions for you in regards to some of the turtles you have! All good just curious! They look great! Hoping to hear from you soon!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wondering if any of these are still available? PM sent
Misty I'm currently incubating more eggs that will be hatchling in another 4months if all goes well. I do still have one last baby that I've been holding a long time for a customer. If that deal falls through I'll contact you. I should know in the next few days

Misty-P

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Misty I'm currently incubating more eggs that will be hatchling in another 4months if all goes well. I do still have one last baby that I've been holding a long time for a customer. If that deal falls through I'll contact you. I should know in the next few days
Thank you

Misty-P

Mississippi
Are these eggs from the same parents as the last ones hatched?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nice looking adults. What are their sizes?

I do the "Mazuri Line" thing too. More effective than a pile when feeding multiples.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Nice looking adults. What are their sizes?

I do the "Mazuri Line" thing too. More effective than a pile when feeding multiples.
Thanks @Neal . The mazuri line is so much more affective lol. Well my two main breeding adults are my PP male (Fonzie) that is currently 14.5" and my large PP/PB mixed female that is 16" last I measured. My largest PP female is I think just below 13" or so , so she isn't yet ready to produce. Hopefully next year. I have 3 babcocki females. The Blonde one is Precious (from Sierraview tortoises) and she is 12.5" I believe, the lumpy smaller bland colored (in the middle) is a rescue that is 12", and the 3 is Annie at the bottom of the photo and she is 14" or so.

I currently only get eggs from my largest female and Precious (the blonde). Annie has produced years ago with her previous owner but is still settling in with me. She has to be gravid because she is CRAZY HEAVY, unlike any tortoise I've ever held. I believe Lumpy is gravid also and may drop eggs this year.

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Your female really muds up her nest. Is that all her, or are you adding a little water to help her out? I don't even know if people do that, it just looks really muddy as compared to when my female lays.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Your female really muds up her nest. Is that all her, or are you adding a little water to help her out? I don't even know if people do that, it just looks really muddy as compared to when my female lays.
Keep in mind I'm in south Louisiana, so the mud down here is unique. A little bit of urine can really muddy up the ground quickly. Both laid a day or two after we got rain so the ground was already a tad messy.