Baby African Tortoises

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was busy. Yea im going to petsmart or petco today. I was thinking of buying a heat mat for.night use and a subsrate. Can.u use both coco and cypress?

No need to mix substrates, but you can if you want to. I prefer orchid bark for sulcatas.

I would not use a heat mat. CHE with a thermostat, as it says in the care sheet...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Brian:

The link in your post above was written before the moisture/humidity issue was discovered. It has some good points, but is a very good example of old and outdated information.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This dude ain't being much of a bro.

;)

Its hard for a new person. There is so much conflicting info out there on the internet. How does a person know who to believe? The sad thing to me is that eventually everyone will figure it out on their own after going through the same process of trial and error that I and others have already been through. Its their tortoises that will suffer the consequences of them not knowing who to believe or which advice to follow.

brobrian

Long Beach, Ca
Go ahead and follow that care sheet. Come back in 12 months and let us know how its working out for you. I already know how that story will end, because I've done it that way. Good luck.
lol im not going to follow that just reading alot of info