Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
ALDABRAMAN said:
Congrats, they are so fun, etc.... I fed mine little fish and tad poles at that age.

Now he feeds them stray cats...lost feral children...you know! Things that won't be missed! Just kidding! Trapper update Greg?;)

bellyboo

5 Year Member
Oh my, so adorable and so terrifying all at the same time! I have never seen a baby before, definitely a unique little guy. Thanks for sharing! :D

Torterra

5 Year Member
OK Guys, he is clearly eating the rosy reds, because I put 35 in there and today there are hardly any left!
Does anyone know if young convict cichlid fry make a good food source for these turtles? I need to breed some sort of fish for him because I know the minnows are bad for him.
What do you pros do?

Thanks!
Sam

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Torterra said:
OK Guys, he is clearly eating the rosy reds, because I put 35 in there and today there are hardly any left!
Does anyone know if young convict cichlid fry make a good food source for these turtles? I need to breed some sort of fish for him because I know the minnows are bad for him.
What do you pros do?

Thanks!
Sam

Cichlid fry, sure! By the way PLEASE post more pics. I can't get enough of your little baby! :)

Torterra

5 Year Member
Little flap is starting to settle in! Starting to act like a snapper.
He is still very shy, but I can sometimes get close enough for a pic!
IMG_8339.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
These guys seriously make me want to break the law.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
O" Gosh, he is fantastic. I remember mine at that size would eat at night when he was not being watched also. I would feed him small minnows, small worms, he would love little bugs (crickets) and those small fresh water shrimp I would get out of the local canals. Try some grapes and small pieces of bananas, they really love those also. He is so cool, please keep posting pictures of him and as he develops. He will be a lot of fun and rewarding!

Torterra

5 Year Member
Makes me proud to be a Michigander!
Great Lakes, Great turtles!

Status
Not open for further replies.