Baby Becky my SL Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Pics_for_Claudia_11_26_2011_(4).JPGHi,

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I am picking up my Becky. I am really excited and nervous about caring for such a young baby (hatch date was November 22). Her enclosure is ready; heat, lighting, hide, food, etc. However, my biggest concern is over night tempeture. My house is set for 65 degrees, and I do have a hood on her tank (30 gal long) that I added a 100 watt heat bulb and a 35 watt bulb (red night bulb). I also bought an under tank heater; however, I did not add it to the enclosure. I don't want to over heat her so I am waiting on that as an option. Also, I read some nasty stuff about heat rocks.

Also, I want to thank all of you for teaching me so much about tortoises. I only wished that I found this wonderful forum much earlier when I had my male Star. All that I can say is Thank You!

Sincerely, Claudia

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How exciting for you!!! We expect loads of pictures!

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
emysemys said:
How exciting for you!!! We expect loads of pictures!

It is really exciting! She is so beautiful! Also I get to meet Larry and see all of his Stars and set-up. I am looking forward to a nice day.

Thank you Yvonne for all of your support during a stressful time. Your kind words helped me.

~C

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How exciting. Congrats. I am sure you will do fine. Sounds like you did a lot of home work a head of time. Have a GREAT TIME TOMORROW:D

Status
Not open for further replies.