Baby Box Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I usually don't see baby box turtles until the next spring,but it has been much hotter than normal this spring and summer. We had several inches of rain this morning and the yard looked like a pond for a couple of hours, so I think these little guys had to come out to breathe. I'm glad I saw one out when I took food out for the yellowfoot, because a large frog has moved into the neighbor hood and he is always hungry, now that the babies are out the frog will have to go. I will take him to a pond I have in Maryland where he can live happily ever after. LenView attachment 5533View attachment 5534

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are these wild babies? How lucky is that to live where box turtles hatch naturally!! Very cute babies. But I'm sorry to see the frog go. I really like them too!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
Are these wild babies? How lucky is that to live where box turtles hatch naturally!! Very cute babies. But I'm sorry to see the frog go. I really like them too!!

I really can't call them wild yet, they are sorta Free Range Turtles.The babies will be released at my Maryland house where they will have to travel a long way to get run over buy a car.the frog will like its new home,the pond is small but very active with Spotted Salamanders as soon as the ice melts in spring,then the Wood Frogs show up a couple weeks later,And in May around Mothers Day the Gray Tree Frogs take over and lay eggs in every thing that has water in it.A few years ago I brought some tree frog eggs to this house now I can listen them here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.