Baby Burmese Stars Growing Smooth.

Adelia

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Is Pothos seem to be safe for them then? I had read somewhere it wasn't I thought but yours seem to be doing just fine with it

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Is Pothos seem to be safe for them then? I had read somewhere it wasn't I thought but yours seem to be doing just fine with it
Pothos is safe for tortoises. Many species seem to really like it as a food item. The myth about it not being safe comes from its listing as not safe for mammals as it contains calcium oxalate crystals (raphides) which causes irritation of the mouth and throat and even skin for many mammals. Tortoises are unaffected.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My Leopard darn near nubbed a whole pothos plant within two days of going into the enclosure. I did not secure the little pot and my leopard head butted it onto its side and chowed down!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I'll have to take some closeups to really see what's going on. I am happy with how they are growing. Some are unbelieveably smooth - totally round like a ball without a hint of a dip or valley at any seam. There are a few that are showing some very minor bumpiness now, but still quite smooth. SO, so far doing well. I am seeing enough to see that some still do have a tendency, no matter how small, to start a bit of pyramiding. I am working on a few theories to see if it can be totally eliminated. I made a change 6 weeks ago that seems promising.

IN the meantime, here's a picture from yesterday evening while some were eating to give you and idea how they look now. The largest is 200g. and 9 months old now. I have held back 15 for now to see how they grow. The are between 100g - 200g.

View attachment 283723
Such a beautiful species! I see one in my future. Great job.. they look amazing