baby food butternut squash vs. fresh butternut

Status
Not open for further replies.

iridedumped

5 Year Member
does baby food butter nut squash have the same anti parasite qualities as if i used fresh butternut?

thanks

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Iridedumped, yep, as long as its organic butternut baby food - no preservatives and all of that, it should be perfect :) My tort Tallula didn't like the babyfood, she'll only eat the real deal! But it's worth a try :D

iridedumped

5 Year Member
thank you.

one more question... can i serve the actual butternut raw or do i have to heat it up? i was thinking of just using a grater or maybe slicing it into thin pieces.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I think the best way is to cook it, and wait for it too cool...then you can freeze the rest. I cook a whole butternut, and then keep some aside for Tallula, then I freeze the leftovers in ice block trays, so it's easy to retrieve when frozen :D Then you can take what you need and defrost it :p

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I usually grate some up when I first get it so they can have it both raw & cooked. Then I steam it, mash it & put it in the ice cube trays to freeze. Then I put the frozen cubes into baggies to use monthly. My torts like it both raw & frozen, but my dragons & Uromastyx only like it cooked.
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.