Baby food soaks

Andrea M

5 Year Member
I gave Hokie soak in carrot baby food tonight, not because he's unwell but for a treat, he went bonkers for it, using his head like a shovel! In fact I took him out and put a small dish of it in front of him as I was worried about him aspirating, I even had to take the dish off him as he was being a little piggy and I didn't want to upset his stomach. I will definitely do this again in a few months and get my camera out while he's actually in the bath. Is there any problem with giving a healthy tortoise a baby food soak?

ImageUploadedByTortForum1388597862.694963.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1388597885.659638.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1388597903.195456.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kezilulu

Gorgeous torty! I'll try this if you get a positive response! What was it exactly you have him?
xXx

Andrea M

5 Year Member
Ahh, thank you, I used a warmed up jar of carrot baby food slightly watered down (next time I'll put more water in though), Hokie lives on weeds and bagged salad to supplement in the winter months so he was like a kid in a sweet shop!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
LOL...don't see any problem with offering the baby food soaks as a treat for a healthy tort....and the "treat" should be kept to that though so it does not become a problem itself....a tort will hold out long periods of time in hopes for the yummy stuff it desires....:D