Baby food

boris'mommy

Location (City and/or State)
Pleasant Hill, Ca
I just recently saw that baby food and even carrot juice can bring sick and even near death babies back to health. My two year old is as healthy as they get, but I was wondering if soaking him in carrot juice once a week (along side his daily soaks of course) could be really nice. I just wanted to get some opinions, maybe it would pack him full of too many vitamins and make him grow too quickly? Just curious. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1416260959.682981.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1416260970.031957.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I can't imagine that it would hurt, but think it is absolutely unnecessary, and doubt there would be any benefit. It is a last ditch effort usually to get some kind of nutrition into a very sick tort.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Reason people do this is because the tortoise is no longer eating and to get nutrients in them when soaking. If he's chowing down whatever you put in front of him then no need to do that. I would rather spend that money on diversifying his diet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Save the baby food soaks for if your tortoise ever needs them. It offers nothing to healthy tortoises.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I agree, if it is healthy and eating, then the baby food soaks are not needed.