Baby Greek tortoise

taylorwow225

I have a baby Greek tortoise this is what she had now but I want her to have plants she can eat all the time in here tank and yea I just need some advice on how to make this look like I took her outside environment and brought it inside :) I need help full tips on what is great for her to eat since she isn't to fond of eating in the first place :) what's the best of the best for Greek baby tortoises
ImageUploadedByTortForum1395179069.784907.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395179129.517194.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395179152.583934.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395179182.000397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

caits1300

Sorry haven't got any advice for you just a question or two!

How old is your gorgeous tortoise ?

And do you know how big the breed is fully grown?

prc93

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
May I ask what substrate you are using? I can't tell from the pics that well but it seems to be sand or the bare bottom of the enclosure. Many keepers on the forum prefer to use coco coir, which can be found at the pet store or a home improvement store. Relatively high humidity is also important for hatchlings, and coco coir helps to maintain that but is safe for them to ingest. Sand is not the best as it can cause digestive blockages.

In addition, many members on the forum like to use the Testudo seed mix from tortoise supply, which contains many of the plants these tortoises love to eat. Some people grow them directly in the enclosure, others outside then use the mature plants for food. Either way, those would be good plants to add if that's what you're looking for. However, they should still be part of a mixed diet overall.