Baby gulf coast turtle

Bunny2746

Location (City and/or State)
Panhandlle of Florida
Why do you use the aquatic turtle pellets? I have my very first reptile - a Gulf Coast Box Turtle - and even though they are called turtles, aren't they really tortoises? Even if that's true, is an aquatic formula better for them?

Why do you use the aquatic turtle pellets? I have my very first reptile - a Gulf Coast Box Turtle - and even though they are called turtles, aren't they really tortoises? Even if that's true, is an aquatic formula better for them?
Eric, could you tell me what protein you are feeding your babies.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Eric, could you tell me what protein you are feeding your babies.

Sorry, I just seen this post! Live proteins - night crawlers (earth worms), black soldier fly larvae, Dubia roaches, super worms(every once in awhile), Rollie’s, Hornworms(every once in awhile) and small crayfish in the summer, along with June bugs and locusts.

Chicken(boiled) I do give raw chicken to adults, shrimp, eggs, salmon, any wild caught fish on sale including tuna(not can) and pinkies mice

I probably skipped some but this is just a few I know I do. I keep it pretty varied throughout the seasons.

Bunny2746

Panhandlle of Florida
Sorry, I just seen this post! Live proteins - night crawlers (earth worms), black soldier fly larvae, Dubia roaches, super worms(every once in awhile), Rollie’s, Hornworms(every once in awhile) and small crayfish in the summer, along with June bugs and locusts.

Chicken(boiled) I do give raw chicken to adults, shrimp, eggs, salmon, any wild caught fish on sale including tuna(not can) and pinkies mice

I probably skipped some but this is just a few I know I do. I keep it pretty varied throughout the seasons.

Bunny2746

Panhandlle of Florida
Funny thing whenever I put something live in the babies dish its almost as if he scared of it and runs the other way. Still has not eaten anything live just his pellets in his soaks. This morning I tried another small earthworm and no way. Ill keep trying, but again can anyone tell me where to get pill bugs I cant seem to find any outside. I’m from New York and they used to be all over but not here in Florida

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Funny thing whenever I put something live in the babies dish its almost as if he scared of it and runs the other way. Still has not eaten anything live just his pellets in his soaks. This morning I tried another small earthworm and no way. Ill keep trying, but again can anyone tell me where to get pill bugs I cant seem to find any outside. I’m from New York and they used to be all over but not here in Florida

Do you have a wooded area near you? Pill and sow bugs love a damp environment.....leaves, under logs or rocks, compost, etc