Baby Kenyan Sand Boa will not eat

charmssinging13

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I got a baby Kenyan sand boa about three months ago. He was doing okay, he ate about a month after I got him, a frozen thawed pinky. Since then he has not eaten. I dangle the mouse in front of him and he just flails away and hides. I haven't picked him up, and he hides when I go to touch him to put him in a container. Tonight I am going to try a brained pinky, and I want to see if there is anything else I should try before giving him a live pinky. He also shed recently, and it was not full. I looked on other forums and they all said not to worry if there is some shed still stuck, and wait for his next shed to take it off. Since then I've upped the humidity a but to about 30-40 percent. His tank has a 88-90 degree warm side with a heat mat and overhead ceramic heater, and a 80-85 degree cool side that I never really see him on. He has some hides and plants. Does anyone have any advice for me?

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
I got a baby Kenyan sand boa about three months ago. He was doing okay, he ate about a month after I got him, a frozen thawed pinky. Since then he has not eaten. I dangle the mouse in front of him and he just flails away and hides. I haven't picked him up, and he hides when I go to touch him to put him in a container. Tonight I am going to try a brained pinky, and I want to see if there is anything else I should try before giving him a live pinky. He also shed recently, and it was not full. I looked on other forums and they all said not to worry if there is some shed still stuck, and wait for his next shed to take it off. Since then I've upped the humidity a but to about 30-40 percent. His tank has a 88-90 degree warm side with a heat mat and overhead ceramic heater, and a 80-85 degree cool side that I never really see him on. He has some hides and plants. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Hello! I have a ball python myself and when we first got her we wanted to feed her frozen thawed, sadly it didn’t work and she wouldn’t eat for weeks. We eventually had to buy a live mouse and she took it right away. I would just try throwing a live mouse in there and see if it works. Also for the stuck shed I had the same issue, if you go too the local pet store they should have a “humid hide” looking rock if you have the proper heating you can use that stick some sphagnum moss inside of it and make sure you get it nice and warm and wet and put your heat lamp directly over top of it. This will result in creating a sauna like environment and a beautiful long shed. Here is a link to the humid hide rock I use and it is wonderful.