Zenpsyche

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin and I am new to this forum. Iā€™ve been doing a lot of research and reading about how to care for leopard tortoises and in particular when theyā€™re babies. I have an idea how I want her space set up but I need help on how to either build or find someone who can make an enclosed space for the baby so it retains the proper amount of humidity and heat. Also, can someone educate me on how long the heat lamp, the UVB lamp and the ceramic heat lamp for at night should be on for? I wanna make sure this baby is healthy and happy and there is hopefully no pyramiding. I appreciate the help and advice!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum, Kristin.

Please post pics of your tort and his/her enclosure and read the care sheets.

Maddoggy

Vero Beach Florida
Hey Welcome ,you are in the right place. Dont be afraid to expose your tortoise knowledge , care,and current housing. Include pictures and all the info about lights ,humidity,diet. These guys will guide you through BEFORE you spend a lot of time and money doing things wrong.

Zenpsyche

Dallas, TX
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum, Kristin.

Please post pics of your tort and his/her enclosure and read the care sheets.

Hi and thank you! I havenā€™t purchased the enclosure yet. Iā€™m still trying to find the perfect one that holds heat and moisture for the baby šŸ™ Will post hopefully soon šŸ¢

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin and I am new to this forum. Iā€™ve been doing a lot of research and reading about how to care for leopard tortoises and in particular when theyā€™re babies. I have an idea how I want her space set up but I need help on how to either build or find someone who can make an enclosed space for the baby so it retains the proper amount of humidity and heat. Also, can someone educate me on how long the heat lamp, the UVB lamp and the ceramic heat lamp for at night should be on for? I wanna make sure this baby is healthy and happy and there is hopefully no pyramiding. I appreciate the help and advice!
@Markw84 makes by far the best enclosures and sells them cheaper than what you can buy it all for separately and build it yourself. They are aptly named "Smart Enclosures".

Here is the care info:

Questions are welcome.