Baby Leopard opinion/information/photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahd

5 Year Member
IMG_6307.JPGIMG_6309.JPGHello all and thank you in advance for any and all input. I am new to tortoise husbandry and am looking for any input from others. I’ve got a baby Leopard and have posted a few pictures for your viewing.

My question is….How does this little guy look? Are his eyes and beak normal? Is there anything you see that might cause concern? I’ve noticed a few black spots on this underside, is this normal?
Sorry for the sporadic questions and I realize that it’s difficult to determine anything from a photo but thought I’d put it out there to get reactions.
He is acting fine and eating well and I’ve been told by my wife a number of times that paranoia will destroy ya, but what can I say.

We live in San Diego within a ½ mile from the coast. He spends his days outside in a secure enclosure and his evenings inside the house with easy access to water at all times. He gets one full meal a day with supplements added twice a week and a soaking every other day.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_6306.JPG
    IMG_6306.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6311.JPG
    IMG_6311.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, nahd!

If I'm seeing the black spots you're talking about, its nothing to worry about. It's just his leopard pattern starting to develop.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The little guy looks really good! Eyes are clear, beak is nicely trim and he appears to be active.

Like Yvonne said, the black spots are part of the pattern that some leopards have on their plastron.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
very nice baby :)
Agree with others members about black spot

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. Now, have you checked out Toms threads on one of the great ways to raise him and keep him healthy and smooth. If you haven't check them out. They are at the bottom of my post. Even the sulcata ones, read those too. They are raised the same.

nahd

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your comments . I will keep you posted as he grows and thanks for such a helpful forum! it's packed with great information:)

Attachments

• IMG_6306.JPG
    IMG_6306.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.