Baby leopard tortoise diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXtortoiseloverXx

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
south Florida
I have 2 baby leopard tortoise and they both have diarrhea, they only eat lettuce , I gave them like collard green or mustard green they are not eating , if I chop them and mix them they still not eating , lettuce only .I hear I should feed them Timothy hay , any other advise will be great , thanks guys

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Try chopping up some fresh-cut grass into their lettuce. You can gently wean them off lettuce by adding the cut up greens to the lettuce and slowly add more good and less bad over the next few months.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Lettuce has little or no nutrition for them, try spring mix, kale, grasses, weeds, mazuri, cactus all chopped up or even mixed up.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Agrees with Jacob. Iceberg is only given if I have a huge dry piece in my salad I'll hand it to a Sulcata or whoever is closes .. Always start with a spring mix as your base... My Leopards, if Yearlings get chopped spring mix, chopped Timothy hay, and Mazuri.... Kale, mustard greens rocks, they'll love it! Just takes a little time, and chop it up. He/she might be picky or lazy... ;-)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would recommend Mazuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.