Baby leopard tortoise one week not eating

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mazuri is a purina product. They make all kinds of animal foods. It's what zoo's use to feed all their animals along with other stuff of course.
Any place that sells purina products might have the tortoise food. If they don't ask if they can get it.
Petco used to carry it, not sure they still do. Try Petsmart too.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
That's the ingredients.....I will find out later whether or not she likes it.....yesterday she was eating weeds and grass....?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Mazuri is a purina product. They make all kinds of animal foods. It's what zoo's use to feed all their animals along with other stuff of course.
Any place that sells purina products might have the tortoise food. If they don't ask if they can get it.
Petco used to carry it, not sure they still do. Try Petsmart too.
I tried the pellets I had which are not the mazuri and she didn't go for it

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It is really terrific that you are taking all of this new information in, and acting on changes. Good luck and enjoy your tortoise!

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
here's a picture of the tote I found the measurements are
Dimensions (Overall): 45.8 inches (L) x 19.8 inches (W) x 15.3 inches (H) just wondering if this will work and I'm sure I'll have to drill some holes in there just wondering how you keep it from overheating above 80 with the heat lamp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-054638_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200219-054638_Samsung Internet.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 3

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
she still not eating the Mazuri... although I snuck some in her mouth I still feed her still feed her the Critical Care food everyday twice a day can't wait to get her in her environment with constant temperatures and humidity hope this tote works

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
also I had taken her off the carrots soaks over the weekend which made her less active and seem to make her less respondent so I put her back on the carrots soaks and feeding her by hand cuz she still doesn't seem to want to eat on her own still although a week ago she seem to want to eat weeds on her own out in the yard hopefully the weather will warm up and I can get her back out there

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
here's a picture of the tote I found the measurements are
Dimensions (Overall): 45.8 inches (L) x 19.8 inches (W) x 15.3 inches (H) just wondering if this will work and I'm sure I'll have to drill some holes in there just wondering how you keep it from overheating above 80 with the heat lamp
80 is the minimum. Its good if ambient climbs above 80 during the day. Into the low 90s is fine, and then back down to 80 at night. You'll need to use a low wattage basking bulb to get the right temperatures, or you can use an in-line rheostat to dial in the correct temperatures with a larger bulb.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
she still not eating the Mazuri... although I snuck some in her mouth I still feed her still feed her the Critical Care food everyday twice a day can't wait to get her in her environment with constant temperatures and humidity hope this tote works
Most tortoises will not eat anything new without a lengthy introduction process. The less variety they see directly after hatching, the longer and more difficult this process becomes.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
here's an image of the Box we would like to get ....would this be suitable for temperature and humidity purposes for our little hatchling?

Screenshot_20200219-102548_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200219-102548_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
here's an image of the Box we would like to get ....would this be suitable for temperature and humidity purposes for our little hatchling?
That box would be more suitable for a temperate species that would need room temp and humidity, but then it would be too small for an adult that needs those conditions. Your species needs higher temps and humidity. An open topped box like that will allow the room air to freely mix with the enclosure air and you won't be able to create or maintain the correct conditions. Having the lights outside and on top will also create a chimney effect which will draw the warm air up and out and pull the cool dry room air in.

You need a closed chamber with all the lights and heating inside. Like these: