Baby Male Indian Star from Garden State Tortoise shipped to you Wednesday

AaronS40

Location (City and/or State)
VT
Hello,

My family pre-ordered a Baby Indian Star Tortoise from Chris Leone at Garden State Tortoise and it's ready to be shipped.

However, we are leaving for a two-week vacation soon and Chris is also going on vacation and needs to send it. Although, we have family that can drop by our house and care for it, it's asking a lot to give the kind of care that is required.

Thus, we are inquiring if there's anyone in the community that would be interested in immediately purchasing a baby male Indian Star from one of the most reputable breeders in the community.

We paid Chris $350 for the Indian Star. We also paid him $70 for shipping. We are asking to be reimbursed the $350, but we would cover the shipping cost that we've already paid. Any additional shipping (if any) would be on you.

If you're interested let me know. The tortoise would be shipped directly to you from Garden State Tortoise this Wednesday.

We would need to be Paypaled $350 and a three-way e-mail between you, us and Garden State Tortoise would transpire telling Chris where it's to be shipped.

Feel free to check with Chris that he has a baby male Indian Star going to the Smiths' in Vermont this week.

I've also CC'd Chris on this posting, so he is aware of what I'm trying to do.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't understand why the shipment can't just be delayed until you and Chris are both back home. I'm sure Chris has someone to come in and care for his animals while he's gone, and what's one more baby?

AaronS40

VT
I don't understand why the shipment can't just be delayed until you and Chris are both back home. I'm sure Chris has someone to come in and care for his animals while he's gone, and what's one more baby?

I'm sure it's an unusual situation for Chris. This was his response to my including him on this thread:

Chris Said:

"That’s completely fine.

I’m sorry you feel you have to do this. Timing is just awful. If you do have a family member coming, they could certainly keep it well for you if some simple guidelines are given. This animal is not a fresh hatchling. It’s alrwady got a firm shell and some growth to it. So, it’s not extremely fragile like a fresh baby."

Plus my son is autistic. If we got him and he died while we were on vacation he would be devastated and feel responsible. It's a lot to put on a family member. We'd rather have the timing better. It sucks... we're not happy, but it's the responsible thing to do in finding someone who is ready and able to care for it.

Last edited:

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
The points have already been explained in various emails and I have already offered to make an exception for Aaron and to keep the animal here until we are back but I have not received a response yet. Once these animals are paid for they are no longer technically ours so it is much more comforting for them to go to their new designated home if we will not be here ourselves to care for them. It’s a liability issue. Basically the buyer is being warned that I will not be with this animal for an extended period therefore it’s best that it is sent to it’s new permanent home. It just so happens that we are both going away. [emoji4]If I cannot care for someone’s animal myself in my own hands while it’s here I don’t prefer to have it here. It’s a preference based on the animal’s well-being.

AaronS40

VT
@HermanniChris Thanks Chris... You've been awesome through this and I have nothing but good things to say. I've already received the money from a buyer. And I hear you loud and clear about the points you make above regarding that if you keep it, it wouldn't be in your direct care. I think we should just go ahead with the sale that you were gracious enough to allow me to do.

We aren't going anywhere else this summer and the situation that happened to present itself with you being gone and us being gone for an extended period of time was a one in a million chance.

I hope you're not annoyed with us and willing to give us another shot at owning one of your babies that are hatching soon.

Sincerely,

The Smiths

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Of course not! My wife and I take this very, VERY seriously so if an animal isn’t coming directly from our hands (even if we did hatch it) it just doesn’t sit well with us. I’m glad this all worked out.

AaronS40

VT
Hello...

The Baby Indian Star has been sold. I'm unable to change the listing or remove the ad. Thank you.