BABY MUSK WONT EAT!

Levert11

Location (City and/or State)
TN
I recently found a baby musk turtle (about the size of a quarter) stuck in mud. I’ve kept him\her in a smaller aquarium until I can afford a larger one. I put an earth worm inside the aquarium and he seemed interested and even bit the worm but dropped it and swam away. It’s been two days since ive had it and it hasn’t touched and thing I put in the tank, Any advice helps. Thanks in advance.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
No ma'am. That’s why I was a bit reluctant to release him.

I think if you could have given it more time, it would have adjusted. I hope it gets better as the days go on. Personally, I would have kept it. Reptiles need time to adjust to new environments. A+ plus for effort.:tort:;)

Levert11

TN
Are you interested in just musk turtles or other turtles too?
I went for a walk yesterday and found the baby musk once again stuck in the mud but I was too late. I’m interested in any reptiles\awuatic animals. I don’t have the money to afford aquariums etc since I’m only a teen. I have a baby betta fish who is 3 months old. That’s it.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I went for a walk yesterday and found the baby musk once again stuck in the mud but I was too late. I’m interested in any reptiles\awuatic animals. I don’t have the money to afford aquariums etc since I’m only a teen. I have a baby betta fish who is 3 months old. That’s it.

So sorry to hear about the little guy.[emoji853]

Yeah, money is a big obstacle for all of us at one time or another.
Without the money to buy at least SOME of the things you need to take good care of your pets, you won’t be able to provide properly for them, and your heart will keep getting broken.

I know it’s HARD to wait, but now is the PERFECT time to cruise the forum, watch what happens with other people’s turtles and learn bunches! Even though I had the money to provide for my pets, I spent 7 months reading all over this forum almost every day, watching, learning, and asking tons of questions before I got my first tortoise. I’m REALLY GLAD I did because I was not just ready for a tortoise, but ABLE to take good care of her! [emoji2][emoji106]

I hope you stick around! [emoji2]

Levert11

TN
So sorry to hear about the little guy.[emoji853]

Yeah, money is a big obstacle for all of us at one time or another.
Without the money to buy at least SOME of the things you need to take good care of your pets, you won’t be able to provide properly for them, and your heart will keep getting broken.

I know it’s HARD to wait, but now is the PERFECT time to cruise the forum, watch what happens with other people’s turtles and learn bunches! Even though I had the money to provide for my pets, I spent 7 months reading all over this forum almost every day, watching, learning, and asking tons of questions before I got my first tortoise. I’m REALLY GLAD I did because I was not just ready for a tortoise, but ABLE to take good care of her! [emoji2][emoji106]

I hope you stick around! [emoji2]
Thank you I will stick around for awhile. It’s hard to have a passion for tortoises because of the modern expectation for teens my age.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
You are at a great age. I wish I knew more about tortoises when I was your age. I would have had so many more years of joy from them. We didn't get our first until I was in my early 30s. Start gathering little things so you will soon have all you need to provide for a turtle. Check resale fb sites and ask for things. Good luck!