Baby Red Foots

Status
Not open for further replies.

linaizzie

5 Year Member
I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my previous threads about the baby red foots, Rake and Ruin. I've followed the advice (for heat specifically) and now keep the enclosure at 85 consistently, even at night, when it was previously in the 70s. Humidity in hide still 70-90. With two to three days of this Ruin is now more active. He walks around the enclosure after his soak, instead of going back immediately to the hide. His eyes are consistently open before drinking. He even came out to look for food on his own. He didn't eat much of it, but it's an improvement. Today he ate more than I've seen him eat the last couple of days. He isn't the biggest eater (his brother, Rake, eats 2 to 3 times as much), but he at least had some of the breeder kibble and a couple bites of the greens and squash, which he hadn't eaten before. We are nearly done with the enclosure box - hoping to get it finished and planted this week. I'm hoping their new home lasts for about 2 years and we'll build a new one when they outgrow it.

Again, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• ruin.jpg
    ruin.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • tort table.jpg
    tort table.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 51
  • rake and ruin.jpg
    rake and ruin.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Glad things have gotten better..keep offering a variety of foods. Never know what they will eat. Your new enclosure looks pretty awesome...please post pics of the finished product, i would love to see...

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
I'm glad to hear your little one is doing better!

Status
Not open for further replies.