BABY RUNT IS HALF POUND!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Baby Runt weigh weigh at 8 oz. today! That is half a pound of new weight since I got him 11 weeks ago. He is eating every kind of greens and weeds. He's even beginning to eat mazuri if I break it all up for him. When he becomes one pound, I will post some pics and he'll have a party in his honor. For those who don't know, Baby Runt was a rescue and TRN sent him to me. He weighted 4 oz. at that time. I had his enclosure set up for his arrival. It took several weeks to get him to gain one ounce. My studying of his eating behavior helped me to see why he was not eating so much. His jaw was too weak to chew on the various greens he was getting. I started to tear up the greens and other foods into tiny bite size and pile it high and close together. In this way, he was able to get to it and chew on it better. Soon, nothing was left in his dish. As he began to eat more, he began to grow. He is so adorable and still retains his baby face. Btw, he is 3 years old.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Yay, I'm very happy for him and hope he continues with this growth!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ya, very happy for the both of you. However, disappointed at the same time. Why, you ask? Well because I don't see any PICTURES:tort: :D Would love to see a pic of Baby Runt. Btw, you are soaking the Mazuri right?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Pics are Coming. I want to take a pic with him on my food scale, but he barely fits in it now. And, yes, of course I soak it first. Baby Runt wouldn't be able to eat it otherwise.:p

wellington said:
Ya, very happy for the both of you. However, disappointed at the same time. Why, you ask? Well because I don't see any PICTURES:tort: :D Would love to see a pic of Baby Runt. Btw, you are soaking the Mazuri right?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sibi said:
Pics are Coming. I want to take a pic with him on my food scale, but he barely fits in it now. And, yes, of course I soak it first. Baby Runt wouldn't be able to eat it otherwise.:p

wellington said:

I figured you did soak it, just making sure. You said you break it up for him, so wanted to double check:D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I said I break it up because even though it's soft, Baby Runt sees it as a chunk, and wouldn't get near it unless I break it up.

I figured you did soak it, just making sure. You said you break it up for him, so wanted to double check:D
[/quote]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, I see. Fussy little one. Hey, anything to get them to eat right:D Just glad he's doing good. Still waiting for the pic though.:p :D :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
RE: BABY RUNT IS HALF POUND!!!!! NOW WITH PICS

Here are the updates with PICS!!!! Baby Runt is my miracle baby. He came to me at the age of 3 years old weighing only 4 ozs. Eleven weeks later, he weights 1/2 lbs. (8 ozs.) His carapace is filling out, and that dent he had in the front is rounding out. Even his pyramiding doesn't look as bad as other neglected torts. Must be doing something right...eh.

WP_000205.jpg
What's with this blue wall?

WP_000209.jpg
Peek-a-boo, who are you?

WP_000210.jpg
It's me...Baby Runt!

WP_000197.jpg
This is my end of pics until next month:p

This is the real end...I posted wrong pic.
WP_000207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
RE: BABY RUNT IS HALF POUND!!!!! NOW WITH PICS

Sorry, but. I had to give myself a bump so that those who wanted to see pics on update won't miss them.
Code:
[quote='sibi']
Here are the updates with PICS!!!! Baby Runt is my miracle baby.  He came to me at the age of 3 years old weighing only 4 ozs.  Eleven weeks later, he weights 1/2 lbs. (8 ozs.)  His carapace is filling out,
that dent he had in the front is rounding out. Even his pyramiding doesn't look as bad as other neglected torts. Must be doing something right...eh.

What's with this blue wall?

Peek-a-boo, who are you?

It's me...Baby Runt!

This is my end of pics until next month:p

This is the real end...I posted wrong pic.

[/quote]

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I don't know how I missed this. Great, great job!! I can't wait until Baby Runt is no longer a baby runt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.