Baby russian and big table tortoise?

pillow

Location (City and/or State)
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
I've heard that having a large table tortoise is not a good idea for a Hatchling Tortoise as they could get dehydrated very fast, but what if I had a Fog maker for humidity + soaked him twice a day and kept him in a temporary 160 x 70 cm table, I know I need at least 4x8 but this will be for a hatchling and it's temporary

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no reason why a hatchling would become dehydrated in a large table if it is set up correctly with damp substrate and a humid hide. Daily soaks will be further insurance against dehydration. No need to soak more than once a day, unless there is some unusual circumstance like the tortoise overheated or was left outside on a hot dry day for a long time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom Thank's a lot for the info! :D
btw for international shipping, where can I order Russian tortoises? let's say to the KSA for example
That I do not know. Better to find one in your own country, or find a shipper that regularly brings them in to your country.

pillow

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
dam, this will be a hard one. I might find one in my country but how can I trust them? like how can I make sure the tortoise is Completly healthy. iI'm worried about that point only

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dam, this will be a hard one. I might find one in my country but how can I trust them? like how can I make sure the tortoise is Completly healthy. iI'm worried about that point only
Look for something captive bred. Read this, so you'll know what questions to ask: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-incubate-eggs-and-start-hatchlings.124266/

If you can't find a breeder that does it correctly, find the one that does it the closest and get the baby into your hands ASAP after hatching, so you can do the right things, and minimize the damage from the dry treatment. Maybe you can't find someone who soaks the babies every day, but two or three times a week is a lot better than once a week or never, for example.