Baby Setting Another Sulcata

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
There's another sulcata in Colonial Beach and I'm caring for it until the new year. I met it Sunday for the first time. The family that has it was told it's about 2 years old and they have it setup almost perfect now. They did research it's needs and know how big it will grow in time. They found me through the nextdoor site and the help of people who know Walker. Just like some people that really really want to get the right care information.
The information that they were seeing on line was conflicting and wanted to get the correct info from someone that actually keeps sulcatas close to them. They hadn't come up with a name yet so I'm calling it Journey. Here it is just a couple minutes after putting it in his to small enclosure for a few days until they get back.KIMG1785.JPGHe decided to sleep under the che so I'm using the wet washcloth system so to not dehydrate his shell over night.

Attachments

• KIMG1786.JPG
    KIMG1786.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Ha! I have a family member who just bought a house in colonial beach. I was there for the osprey festival in April. small world!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ha! I have a family member who just bought a house in colonial beach. I was there for the osprey festival in April. small world!
And my daughter lives in Gloucester, I want to go back there and gas is getting cheap...$4.25 for premium... I'm saving my pennies...road trip!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
hey Sinner wanna meet in Virginia and have a big TFO meet? West meets South..

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
oops! SinLA...you are Sinner in my head when I see your name lol sorry...I'll shape up
LOL I am fine with that, its actually an intentional derivation lol.

I'm in Los Angeles, so not sure when I'll make it back east. We went out there for my mom's 80th bday last year...