Baby spur thigh tortoises

Location (City and/or State)
high hurstwood
Hi
My name is Tracey we are picking up a couple of baby spur thighed tortoises tomorrow just really interested in any advice in general as it is our first time having them getting them for my autistic son who is keen to look after them and learn

thanks

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
The best thing that you can do is to only get one. Tortoises don't do well in pairs. If you get two, one will bully the other and eventually lead to stress, stunted growth, and possibly death. If you do end up getting two, you'll need two different enclosures to keep them in.

Here's the care info on how best to raise them:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Would you like me to change your username? It's not a good idea to show your email address like you have.

Robert Theil

5 Year Member
One thing is to start making plans now, Sulcata's get huge fast. They will need a large space and it will happen faster then you think. They are also tanks and can push through or cause damage to stuff easily. Before warned. Can be great pets as long as you know what you are getting in to.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
One thing is to start making plans now, Sulcata's get huge fast. They will need a large space and it will happen faster then you think. They are also tanks and can push through or cause damage to stuff easily. Before warned. Can be great pets as long as you know what you are getting in to.
Although Sulcata used to be called African Spur-Thighed Tortoises, the OP is probably referring to the Mediterranean Greek species (which stays pretty small).