Baby star tortoise diet

Doms Intlarts

Location (City and/or State)
India
Hello, I have a baby burmese star tortoise that is 2 months old. I give him coriander leaves, ladyfinger,cabbage and pellets (tortoise food) . But there are white spots developing on his shell. I also bathe him once in a week. Can someone please tell me what is the cause of the white spots and how to prevent it from growing. And what else should I feed him. Can I feed him bananas , strawberries, tomatoesor apples?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello, I have a baby burmese star tortoise that is 2 months old. I give him coriander leaves, ladyfinger,cabbage and pellets (tortoise food) . But there are white spots developing on his shell. I also bathe him once in a week. Can someone please tell me what is the cause of the white spots and how to prevent it from growing. And what else should I feed him. Can I feed him bananas , strawberries, tomatoesor apples?
We'd need to see a picture of the white spots to be able to help. We'd also need to know how the baby is being housed. Temperatures, substrate, enclosure size, heating and lighting equipment etc...

They should never be fed fruit. Its not good for them. The sugars upset the gut flora ad fauna.

Diet, housing and other care aspects are explained here:

Questions are welcome.