Baby sulcata bottom beak fell off?

zovick

10 Year Member!
it doesnt present as such but thats why we need specimens inc usually results in respiratory issues, cloaca lesions, skin erythematous (swollen red or inflamed skin), rapid weight loss, etc. it infects nearly all tissues. we need a couple samples to test though but in working with 3 different well known people who are VERY well respected in these things so far that was not something we have on the list as primary. we WILL test for it though to know for sure. either way that is another disease that is NOT good.
Yes, and usually tortoise with INC die very rapidly. I was just wondering if anyone in the know thinks that perhaps a resistance to it has built up over time in chelonians and that these bumps and other symptoms could be a new manifestation.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
i spoke in length to these people we know and it was pretty ruled out early on. but that does not mean it will not be tested for. we are NOT new to dealing with this stuff here research wise. the biggest issue is we need samples. heck and even if we buy them ourselves to test but that doesnt me we will get a sick one even though other have if you know what i mean. thats why i keep trying to get animals here with this. as i have said to anyone reading if you can help please contact me asap and I WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING AND THE NECROPSY. we need your help in figuring this out and trying to stop it.

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
@mastershake What’s hard for me to understand is that if so many tortoise resellers are hit with this, that literally none of them would have interest in identifying the disease. Is there any hope at all that you could get one from a reseller just by asking for one that is showing symptoms?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yeah after the betadine I started putting neosporin. My poor baby?

I am sending all my prayers to you that I can think of!!! I am so sorry you have to go through this. Don’t stop what you are doing it seems to be helping and at least she is getting nutrients in her .
if you run out of carrots for soaks try using
“UNFLAVORED” pedialite. It has electrolytes in it. Maybe that would give her some needed energy? That’s if the carrots are unavailable....
Oh.. god... I am praying ? ❤️

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
@mastershake What’s hard for me to understand is that if so many tortoise resellers are hit with this, that literally none of them would have interest in identifying the disease. Is there any hope at all that you could get one from a reseller just by asking for one that is showing symptoms?
probably not. its all business to most of them and many just dont care at all about it. to most they are dollar signs and then they would be admitting to having / selling them which they will not want to do either. sadly its the way the retail animal world is most of the time.