Baby sulcata dosnt move much. Normal?

Hanksmom89

Location (City and/or State)
Wayne MI
Look up "Repti-bark" from chewy.com or petco.com. 24 quart bags should be around $18 ad sometimes you can find it on sale.

Or talk to a local nursery that does orchids and ask them for fine grade orchid bark in bulk. They may be able to order it for you.

OSH used to sell 1 cu.ft. bags of it for about $11. E.B. Stone was the brand name. It was clean and high quality.
Ok I have repti-bark in there. So just keep him on that? And not mix it with the jungle mix and coconut soil mix? My snake is also on repti bark and my gecko. I don’t think it’s orchid bark? I could be wrong. I’m too lazy to dig out the bad right now and look lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Ok I have repti-bark in there. So just keep him on that? And not mix it with the jungle mix and coconut soil mix? My snake is also on repti bark and my gecko. I don’t think it’s orchid bark? I could be wrong. I’m too lazy to dig out the bad right now and look lol
Repti-bark = fine grade orchid bark = fir bark. All different names for the same product.

This is the best substrate for starting baby sulcatas. I use it for most species.