baby sulcata enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane42096

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Hello everyone. If you don't already know, I came home from work last night and my baby leopard tortoise was flipped on his back and must have suffocated. I am buying my wife a Sulcata tortoise and wanted to know how to set up an enclosure for him the right way, I'd love to see pictures and any care tips sulcata owners have. I want to have his enclosure set up before I order him.

BTW, i think I am buying the zoo med tortoise house, and he will be here tomorrow morning so I'll be making me run to Petco at noon today.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Very sorry about your tortoise. I am sure you wife will love the new Sullie. As far as cages go I am way to new to advise and still getting my tank under control. But the threads at the top of the page have helped me out so much. I have read and retread them often, How to raise Sulcata Hatchling is a great one.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
If you are getting a baby, I would suggest going with a large Rubbermaid tub. Similar to the Christmas tree tubs they sell at Walmart. I have my baby sully in one and it really helps keep in the heat and humidity as long as you can cover it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry about your leopard. The sully is the same as the leopard as far as care. Read the threads at the bottom of my post. They are Toms and some of the best info. They grow faster then a leopard so the cheaper tote mentioned may be the better way to go, in no time s/he will out grow it anyway and you will have to add on or buy a larger enclosure.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Id get a slightly older one.. and make as big of an enclosure as you can..
bookcase layed on it back are good..
good luck with it all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.