Baby sulcata feeding problems

Abbycalvin12

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
I got a hatchling sulcata I’m not for sure on the age but I’m guessing maybe 6 months he hasn’t ate a good meal in weeks a few bites here and there (like 2 bites ) today I tried the soak in baby food and water then I mixed his greens up in the baby food and he ate maybe 5 bites but he still doesn’t finish the greens witch is like a a pinch worth I had him on 80% weeds and grass then the 20% flowers but he’s not really taking to that
I have a him outside I live in tx so it’s about 90 degrees out and his hid hits maybe 100 degrees and lots of shady places in it and also I still can see where his egg sack was so idk if maybe I’m just expecting him to eat a lot wen he’s still just get young I also have him on coconut Fiber I thought it would be better then the bark ? But he’s mainly just sleeps and moves around to new shady spots 50AF04AA-EE76-49AC-B4C6-C7922465FDB8.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

Make sure you read this great updated care guide for Sullyys

How are you maintaining overnight temperatures? What does your enclosure look like?

Abbycalvin12

Houston
I keep him outside at night and it usually stays above 70 degrees and his cage size is the length of a 20 gal and the withd is about 2 20 gal put together maybe a little bigger

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I keep him outside at night and it usually stays above 70 degrees and his cage size is the length of a 20 gal and the withd is about 2 20 gal put together maybe a little bigger
That is not going to work. You are literally killing it. Read the care sheet. Get the tortoise indoors in a correct set up and get night heat on it ASAP. Like tonight. If you don't have the proper equipment, put the enclosure in a bathroom with a space heater and monitor the temperature carefully until you can get the correct set up.

Abbycalvin12

Houston
That is not going to work. You are literally killing it. Read the care sheet. Get the tortoise indoors in a correct set up and get night heat on it ASAP. Like tonight. If you don't have the proper equipment, put the enclosure in a bathroom with a space heater and monitor the temperature carefully until you can get the correct set up.
Wat lighting would u suggest I’ve spent over 200$ on lighting for him that’s why I moved him outside cuz I couldn’t keep his temps stable the highest bulb I used was 40 wat from pEcco
Cuz I heard they can’t use the light you would bUy at home depo I also forgot to mention he has Constant. Access to water and I soAk him every other day and mist him/her down on the days I don’t soak I hAd one years ago who was about a Less than a year and never had a problem but unfortunately I ended up homeless and Gave him up to a good home

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wat lighting would u suggest I’ve spent over 200$ on lighting for him that’s why I moved him outside cuz I couldn’t keep his temps stable the highest bulb I used was 40 wat from pEcco
Cuz I heard they can’t use the light you would bUy at home depo I also forgot to mention he has Constant. Access to water and I soAk him every other day and mist him/her down on the days I don’t soak I hAd one years ago who was about a Less than a year and never had a problem but unfortunately I ended up homeless and Gave him up to a good home
All of the heating, lighting, feeding, and housing is explained in detail in the care sheet.