Baby sulcata new enclosure!

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
Thank you! I tried looking online but I really didn’t know what I was looking for. So the thinner the better? I have no tools so hopefully my local hardware store could cut it for me.
No the thicker the better(much less flexible) but it is more expensive... You could also make a wooden frame around it instead of drilling it but you would also needs tools

daniellenc

Maryland
Baby Sullys don’t like their hay and grass to start. Most advise soaking it and chopping it real small mixing in small amounts with other greens. Here is a link with lots of foods and advice to try: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Mazuri and tortoise land pellets soaked until mushy are good to add the key is variety. Chop all safe foods small and keep trying new things. Food was hardest for me too because I didn’t know many safe weeds or more importantly what they looked like lol. I couldn’t have named one chicory not long ago but I persisted and have learned a bunch here by asking tons of questions.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Baby Sullys don’t like their hay and grass to start. Most advise soaking it and chopping it real small mixing in small amounts with other greens. Here is a link with lots of foods and advice to try: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Mazuri and tortoise land pellets soaked until mushy are good to add the key is variety. Chop all safe foods small and keep trying new things. Food was hardest for me too because I didn’t know many safe weeds or more importantly what they looked like lol. I couldn’t have named one chicory not long ago but I persisted and have learned a bunch here by asking tons of questions.
I have mazuri and she is not interested.I never tried choping her food. I'll have to try it. I just found out plantain is edible but I don't know about it's acid content. It looks like so many "ok" food also have a downside and I can't offer cactus or hibiscus...

daniellenc

Maryland
I have mazuri and she is not interested.I never tried choping her food. I'll have to try it. I just found out plantain is edible but I don't know about it's acid content. It looks like so many "ok" food also have a downside and I can't offer cactus or hibiscus...
You can order cactus it grows indoors in cooler months and hibiscus seems to have cousins that grow everywhere like rose of Sharon in northern states. Mine hated Mazuri too but keep trying. They eventually start to eat most anything when mixed in a few times.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
You can order cactus it grows indoors in cooler months and hibiscus seems to have cousins that grow everywhere like rose of Sharon in northern states. Mine hated Mazuri too but keep trying. They eventually start to eat most anything when mixed in a few times.
Yeah I tought about growing my own cactus but it would take years for it to be able to feed my tortoise, here cactus grow very slowly, I have no experience with prickly pear tho. I might look at hibiscus cousins. It might be a good option